27 May, 2014

Cockpit lockers upgrade II.

I've finally finished the lockers upgrade. Initially I had some issues with the gel-coat color, because the first one I used was slightly off-white, so I've ordered a different which is Vorgelat T35 and is snow white, exactly the same way like the original gel-coat used by the factory.  It's not cheap but very nice to work with. To paint a final coat with a gel-coat you have to add a weak paraffin solution (wax) which help the gel-coat cures into non-tacky and slightly satin finish. This is called top-coat and is very durable and much better than any paint I know of.

Here are some final pictures with the strap for the gas tank.


23l gas tank with the clip-on connector, pump and fuel filter on the hose

This is the place for the batter in the starboard locker.


starboard locker with the 90Ah battery installed

There is still plenty of space in these lockers for additional boat "garbage". The middle cockpit locker is now completely empty for bulk stuff. My wife suggested we can use it as a pool for our kids, I think we have to test it :-)

The next big task was to upgrade certain electrical systems, but I will dedicate a separate article for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment